.Suzanne Vanden Schrieck Eur Ost D.O. – M.R.O. is a Belgian osteopath who studied osteopathy at Flanders International College of Osteopathy in Antwerp, where she enjoyed a profound training in structural, visceral and cranial osteopathy. After presenting a thesis for an international jury she received the diploma in osteopathy D.O.. Suzanne Vanden Schrieck is a member of the Portuguese Association and Register for Osteopathy AROP and is a member of the European Federation for Osteopathy EFO.
Thesis: Made and presented to acquire the title ‘D.O. in Osteopathy’ granted by the FICO at 12 January 2013
Title: A randomized single-blind placebo-controlled clinical study about the effect of a functional technique. Research title: A study as to the direct effect on the diaphragm, evaluated on the basis of the forced vital capacity, after treatment of a somatic dysfunction on the level of C4 using a functional technique.
As a Belgian osteopath she started with postgraduate courses for a specialization in visceral and craniosacral therapy at the Barral Institute and Upledger Institute, both located in Prague (CZ).
– Visceral manipulations I, by Rita Benamor D.O., Barral Institute Prague, 2013
– Craniosacral therapy I, by Orsolya Gabriel CST-D, NP, PT, Upledger Institute Prague, 2013
– Craniosacral therapy II, by Alison Harvey, BSc(Hons) MSc Chiro, CST-D, Upledger Institute Prague, 2014
– Advanced Spinal Manipulations, by Dr David Evans PhD, Bsc.(Hons)Ost, Bwizer, Lisbon, 2015
Promotor of a thesis made by Carmans An (Presented by An Carmans at FICO on the 10th of January 2015 to acquire the title ‘D.O. in Osteopathy’)
Title: The influence of a set of osteopathic techniques on the autonomic nervous system, measured by heart rate variability. Research project: The influence of a set of osteopathic techniques on the autonomic nervous system, measured by the heart rate variability among people with functional problems experiencing fear and anxiety:a randomized single blind clinical trial.
2012: Antwerp, Lier (B)
2013: Antwerp, Lier (B), Zdonov (CZ)
2014: Zdonov (CZ)
2014: Nepal, February till June 2014:
– Cchori: An organisation working with female victims of gender based violence in Kathmandu/Nepal. Individual treatments and start-up / initial supervision of a volunteer project for osteopaths.
– Circus Kathmandu: Acrobats and artists in Nepal
– Marinka Home: Orphanage in Boudhanath/Nepal focussing on street children
– Wegain Zone: Orphanage in Boudhanath/Nepal focussing on street children
– Individual treatments on request in Nepal